Memorion is a very function-rich, universal flashcard learning program.
This app is not right for you if you look for a super-simple program with just a few buttons to learn 100 words.
However, if you are ready to aquaint yourself a bit with Memorion, you will be benefit from one of the most complete and powerful flashcard management and learning systems for Android.
To simplifly your start, Memorion has 3 user modes, going from Beginner (simple) to Expert (fully featured).
• it is ads-free, no hidden costs
• based on an advanced \spaced repetition\ algorithm
• 10-50 times more efficient than memorizing paper flashcards
• has FREE vocabulary in 33 languages built-in, 700-1200 words each
• in 13 languages, the free vocabulary extends to >11000 words
• has many, many functions (see below)
• it has an extensive help system
• the user interface is English only
NOTE: Memorion can become addictive, once you start feeling its power
Functions (a selection):
• true multi-directional learning with flashcards
• 11 fun game modes (hang-man, multiple-choice, listening to numbers,..)
• up to 8 text fields per card (to use for gender, examples, extra images, web links etc.)
• card stacks can be downloaded from Anki, Memrise
• designed for large databases (I have >20 000 cards in mine), with multi-level sub-stacks
• 27 charts to document the learning progress
• multiple-choice, whiteboard, different keyboards and audio-recording as answer options
• wizards for image searches, photos, audio recording and translations
• Cloze texts fully supported
• import files from Anki, AnyMemo, text, MS Word, Excel and Libre Office
• fully integrated dictionaries from the Open Dictionary API Alliance (PONS, SlovoEd, etc.)
• dictionary support for Google Translate, PONS and Leo online, ColorDict, dict.cc and 100+ others from Langenscheidt, VOX etc.
• Wikipedia support
• Text-To-Speech (TTS) with on-the-fly reading replacements
• Hint management
• a user tour through the important program features
• multiple users with separate databases on the same device
• links between related cards, with mutual updating
• functions to organize stacks and cards
• search, filter, and sort cards
• tablet-adapted layouts
• optimized gestures for single-handed use, to repeat cards while walking
• dozens of gestures for power-users (faster access, more functions)
color-coding of genders, \Undo\ last answer, awards, LaTeX, verb conjugations
If you have any comments, suggestions or issues, write to Memorion@gmx.net.